Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wow, it's been a while.

So... yeah... it's been a while since I've done this. I think my last post said something about dead week, or finals... one of those... which is probably why I haven't posted anything recently.

I pulled out of last semester with flying colors. 4 A's and 1 B boosted my GPA up an entire tenth of a point. The B was in first semester Organic Chemistry, if anyone was wondering, or didn't know already. :)

Anyhow, Christmas break was really hard. I didn't get to go to Virginia, but I did get to go to Adam and Alicia's for a few days, and that was really fun. The rest of my month-long break I spent with my friends here in Denton, and that was also pretty amazing. Last semester was really hard on all of us, and it gave us some time to catch up, repair some things, and just talk. It was great.

And now I'm back at school. I've survived the first week, even though I haven't had all of my classes yet (labs don't start till this week). This semester I'm taking my second semester of Organic Chemistry with lab, Principles of Nutrition online, Criminal Law, and Correctional Systems.

Organic Chemistry will be a lot harder this semester... especially the final. It's called the ACS final, and it goes over both semesters of Organic Chemistry, which is a whole lot of info. :) But I'll survive. Principles of Nutrition is my very first online class ever, and so far I'm doing really well in it.

My Correctional Systems class is really awesome. The professor is really funny, and really likes to get the class involved, which is kinda something I miss coming from a small school. There's a lot of reading to do, not to mention two reflective papers over two books we're reading for the class. Other than that I think it's going to be great. I'm really excited about this class. Unfortunately, we won't be taking a trip down to Huntsville to visit the max. security prison there. I heard that last semester a professor took about 10 kids down there, but I haven't heard anything about this semester. :(

My Criminal Law class is pretty much my most amusing and fun and exciting class so far. I absolutely love it. The professor is hilarious, and really really awesome. He used to be a private investigator, a chief parole officer, and a co-owner of a semi-professional football team. Where else can you find someone as cool as that?! Part of his contact info on the class syllabus is his AIM ID if we ever feel like asking him a question at like 2 in the morning... he likes to stay up and work late... so he gets kudo points for that. Something I'm actually kinda looking forward to in this class is that we get to do a case brief over a Federal Supreme Court or Texas Supreme Court case of our choice (first come first serve of course). I'm going to be researching some cases this weekend, but if anyone knows any that might be interesting to me, give me a call or something. :)

Let's see... what else.... OH!!! My roommate graduated last semester, and they didn't assign anyone else to my room, so I have my ginormous room all to myself. It's the very first time I've had my own room, and I really like it... a lot... especially since I don't have to share my bathroom or my kitchen with anyone else. :D

This semester I will be applying to be a TAMS RA for next semester. I didn't get the position for this semester, but I'm pretty sure TAMS will definitely consider me, seeing as how I graduated from there. :)

That's pretty much all for now. Keep in touch! I'll try and post whenever I can. :)

No comments: